2019 Technology + The Law Symposium
Please save the date to join Michael Best, the Duke University Office of Licensing & Ventures, and thought leaders from government, academia, and industry for a full-day conference covering the intersection of technology and the practice and application of the law.
The day will feature a series of keynote presentations and interactive panel discussions appropriate for in-house counsel and business leaders. The sessions cover a wide range of emerging technologies and their impact on the law. Topics to be covered include:
- Intellectual property implications for artifical intelligence
- Blockchain technology and its many uses
- The latest on cryptocurrencies and how they are regulated
- 3-D printing and additive manufacturing
- Growth of the cannabis industry
- Launching a healthcare start-up
- Innovation in drug pricing,
- Protecting data in the U.S. and abroad
- Patent year in review
- Diversity and inclusion in innovation
Confirmed speakers and moderators include practitioners from Michael Best and Michael Best Strategies, as well as:
- Jeff Bedard, President & CEO, Crown Laboratories, Inc.
- Bennett Collen, Founder & CEO, Cognate
- Deborah Gerhardt, Associate Professor of Law, UNC School of Law
- Thomas L. Irving, Partner, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner
- Shawna Lemon, Co-Managing Shareholder, Stanek Lemon Crouse + Meeks, PA
- Sheila Mikhail, President and Co-Founder, Asklepios BioPharmaceutical, Inc.
- Micky Minhas, VP, Associate General Counsel, Patents, Microsoft
- Bob Morgan, Member of the Illinois House of Representatives and Partner, Benesch Friedlander Coplan & Aronoff LLP
- Lucas Osborn, Associate Professor of Law, Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law
- Jennifer Prioleau, Division Counsel, HP Inc.
- Honorable Sarah Bloom Raskin, Rubenstein Fellow, Duke Law
- Robin Rasor, Executive Director, Office of Licensing & Ventures, Duke University
- David Ridley, Dr. and Mrs. Frank A. Riddick Professor of the Practice, Duke Fuqua School of Business
- Linda Tigges, General Counsel Data Center Group, Lenovo USA
- Jeremy Unruh, Director of Public & Regulatory Affairs, PharmaCann LLC
We hope you can join us! A formal invitation and full agenda will follow.
CLE credit in WI, CO, IL, NC, TX, UT, and VA is pending. We are happy to provide the program materials to participants applying for credit in other states.
For more information, please contact our Events team.
Thursday, November 7, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
JB Duke Hotel
230 Science Drive
Durham, NC 27708